Born in Greenock 2nd November 1881. Mother, Grace, 10 Reid St., Govan
HMS Clacton, built in 1904, was a screw minesweeper, pennant number M30. Displacement was 820 tons and she carried two 12-pounder guns. From 1914 until September 1915 when she became the T04 she served in the Dardanelles, transferring wounded to hospital ships.
She was torpedoed on the 3rd August 1916 by U73 at Chai Aghizi in the Levant.